Woodville Zoning By-Law Review Open House on June 22
Since 2019, Kawartha Lakes has been in the process of reviewing and consolidating its 13 rural area zoning by-laws. When the project began, the Village of Woodville was not included in the review as it was designated as an Urban Settlement Area in the City of Kawartha Lakes Official Plan. Following a settlement from the Ontario Land Tribunal (OLT) in March 2022 that changed Woodville’s designation from an Urban Settlement Area to a Hamlet in the rural area, the project team is now including Woodville in the Rural Zoning By-Law review and consolidation.
A significant amount of consultation and background review has already been completed to inform the First Draft of the Rural Zoning By-law. To introduce the project to Woodville and seek the community’s input, Kawartha Lakes and consultant WSP are holding a public open house on Wednesday June 22, 2022 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
The purpose of the open house is to:
- Outline the work that has been completed to date
- Introduce the Rural Zoning By-Law Review process to Woodville
- Walk through preliminary zoning options and recommendations for Woodville, and seek the public’s feedback
- Provide the next steps in the process and how to get involved
The meeting is being held virtually and registration is available online and via telephone:
- Online: Click here – Woodville Zoning By-law Kick-off Public Open House
- Phone: Please contact Jonathan Derworiz, Planner II, City of Kawartha Lakes, prior to the open house to receive dial-in information: 705-324-9411 extension 1330 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Following this open house, the project team will consider all input and work to consolidate Woodville into the Second Draft Rural Zoning By-law, which is expected to be released summer 2022.